Experienced Colorado attorney offering individualized planning solutions since 1998
At Katrina S. Jones PC, I've spent more than 20 years helping my clients plan for and cope with the tough legal matters related to incapacity, disability and death. Whether I'm drafting a will or appealing the denial of Medicaid benefits, I will provide you with personalized attention.
I provide guidance for people dealing with planning for the protection of a child, spouse or parent, seeking guardianship of a minor or adult, designing a trust for children with special needs — I can help you plan for the future.
Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, probate and trust administration, protective proceedings (conservatorships and guardianships), and Medicaid planning
When it comes to protecting the futures of my clients and their loved ones, I've learned that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I work diligently to explore every possible avenue of prevention, protection or resolution for matters concerning:
- Estate planning (wills and powers of attorney): When drafting wills and powers of attorney, I collaborate with you to construct a plan that suits your needs. I will not recommend a revocable living trust that is not appropriate for your situation.
- Probate: Beneficiaries, creditors, family members and other parties may be interested in a probate estate. Even an uncontested probate proceeding in Colorado can be complex, requiring help from an attorney. I offer professional guidance, whether the estate is small, medium or large.
- Conservatorships and guardianships (protective proceedings): From the initial petition for conservatorship or guardianship to annual reporting, I assist you in navigating the rules and procedures.
- Trust administration: Even though irrevocable trusts are generally administered without Court supervision in Colorado, there are still steps to take such as applying for a tax identification number, inventorying and managing assets, and managing the expectations of the beneficiaries.
- Medicaid planning and applications: Whether spending down assets or navigating the rules for exceptions to Medicaid estate recovery, I provide you with information that you need to make decisions.
Start protecting your assets and legacy – schedule your free consultation
At Katrina S. Jones PC in Northglenn, whether you need me to explain a special needs trust or facilitate asset distribution from a probate administration, I'm committed to helping you achieve your goals. I offer reasonable rates. Call (303) 252-1012 or contact me online to schedule your free consultation.